Saturday, February 02, 2008

Map of the Problematique

Couldn't think of anything else to title this bit of randomness, so I just decided to name it after this one song I'm really into right now. Its part techno and part rock. (See youtube clip at bottom of page).

But, seriously, Gonzaga just made me doubt their tournament worthiness for most of their game Saturday night. It was pathetic. GU has several guys who should have been able to win this game single handedly. Heytvelt, Pargo, Bouldin, and Downs are better than every single player on that Santa Clara Roster, yet none of them stepped up when we needed them. Instead, two Freshman stepped up. Austin Daye and Steven Gray were the ones who had to pull this one off. Oh, and Brody Angley had to make the most unfortunate play of his career to put Gray on the line with .3 seconds left. GU escaped in the end, but it definately wasn't pretty.

Oh, and FOX is stupid for cutting out 9 minutes worth of overtime.

On the plus side, though, I did see my cousin on TV. On the negative side, she was in the Santa Clara Band. So I guess its not positive at all. Really, I think she's disgraced the family. Good thing she doesn't read this.

Also, I'm learning a lot about Baseball and why my favorite team is going to make me miserable for a long while longer. USS Mariner and Lookout Landing have both been providing extensive coverage on why this Jones for Bedard deal is terrible. Mainly, its because the Mariners are much further away from a Division title than a good pitcher (and Eric Bedard is a very, very good pitcher).

Super Bowl tomorrow. I guess that's good. I've got a free carwash riding on the game if the Pats win. Only thing is I'm not sure if a free Carwash is as good as watching the Giants beat the Pats. I'm definately a fan of Eli and Coach Coughlin, and am extremely happy for the both of them for being where they are right now.

Prior to the game is our own seminary Flag Football game. Its the Canon Lawyers vs. the NFPs (I'll be quarterbacking the NFP's, by the way). My guess is it doesn't happen because its supposed to rain and Californians don't like doin' stuff in the rain.

Anyway, this has gone on long enough, and I have a ton of work to do in order to fully enjoy the Super Bowl Festivities tomorrow.

Oh, here is a link to my field education placement: St. Joseph Center.

Muse, Map of the Problematique...

No comments: