Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Classes

Here are the classes I'm taking this semester.

Spanish - I still have no idea what's going on in this class.

Latin - Self explanatory.

Field education seminar - This semester I will be assisting a ministry to the homeless in Venice Beach. Should be interesting. I also have an hour class to learn the art of theological reflection.

Pastoral Psychology - The basics of counseling... what we can do as priests, what we can't do as priests... when to make referrals, etc.

Homiletics - practicing the art of preaching.

Johannine Lit. - The Gospel of John, The book of revelation, the Johannine epistles. Very excited (John is my favorite Gospel).

Ecclesiology - The study of the Church (its mission and structure, etc.).

Canon Law - The law of the Church. You might even define it as Ecclesiology in action.

Healthcare and Catholic Morality - probably going to turn out to be my favorite class.

Should be very busy, especially since my field education takes up a whole day. Oh well...

Here is a video I took this last weekend at the Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco. I obviously attended.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I think maybe in Spanish class you learn to speak Spanish ;) Okay,I know, sorry :) Johannine lit should be fun and your field ed class, I hope that homeless ministry is interesting. Have fun this semester!

Seminarian said...

All I know is that if I say "Que" enough times it causes the professor to speak english.

Shannon Hickey said...

dont worry about espaƱol, but if you want you can pay me to do your homework!!! haha

shannon

Jessica said...

Ay, pero que vamos a hacer contigo, Senor Seminarista? Bueno, pues yo tengo la esperanza de que si estudias mucho vas a sacar muy buenas calificaciones en Espanol este semestre. Buena suerte!

*Have fun translating :) *

Val said...

Yikes! Looks like a lot of studying! Though it looks like a lot of cool classes. dang, I want to learn latin.

Tom & Carrie Herring said...

Espero que puedas entender lo que Jessica te dijo... : ) Buena suerte, mi amigo. Y debes aceptar la oferta de Shannon. Ella es casi una nativa ahora!