Monday, October 29, 2007

Scholastic Dilemma

So I just recieved my schedule for next semester and its pretty loaded. I have 17 credits that are mandatory. This does not include my pastoral formation assignment, which will be 8 hours of serving the homeless on Friday. It also only includes 2 hours of Spanish, which meets for 4 hours a week. So, I basically have 19 hours of class stuffed into 4 days. Its definately do-able, but the problem is that I'd really like to take some electives. I will continue Latin, which is 2 credits more which puts me at 19 credits and 21 hours Mon-Thurs.

So the dilemma is should I really push myself and take on another elective or just really invest myself in the 17 credits I already have? If I go for the elective, which should I take. So many look good. Here is what I have to choose from:

Greek (Which I've already taken 3 times)
Health Care and Catholic Morality
Hans Urs von Balthasar
Pneumatology (Theology of the Holy Spirit)
The Theology of C.S. Lewis

Me thinks von Balthasar is the way to go if anything. I'll have to talk it over with the academic dean and my advisor. I'm sure all of these classes will be offered again, so there isn't really a rush. But I would be interested in your thoughts if you have them.

4 comments:

Tom & Carrie Herring said...

Hans Urs von Balthasar.

...hands down. :)

Shannon said...

I think the health care one would be cool and really helpful in your future as a diocesan priest!

No matter what you amaze me! I am going to school again and only taking two classes and THAT is making me crazy!

Val said...

Would you be able to get everything you need to get out of those classes if you took another elective? If you'll have room Later, why not take the classes when you have time to enjoy them? My two cents. You're awesome dude, keep it up.

Seminarian said...

Shannon? As in, Shannon H. from WWU? Is that you?