Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Schedule

While I have some free time, I'd like to post my schedule for the semester:

Spanish - continuation of my previous classes.

Greek - Continuation of last fall. I'm really worried about this one because I haven't taken too good of a look at this since December.

Latin - I'm taking this for revenge. You see, in college, I had to write a paper using a lot of sources from the middle ages. I found a few abstracts to some sources that were perfect for what I was researching. Only they were in latin. And not translated. So I missed out. Hopefully I'll be able to go back and read these. That and liturgical reasons.

Intro to the Synoptic Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke.

Church History: 1500 to present - just the second half of the survey.

Homiletics - Contemporary Issues.

Liturgy and Culture - ...

Christology - In the beginning was the Word... Very standard systematic course.

Works of Augustine - I'm very excited about this. We cover Augustine in all of our systematic Theology classes, but when we do this we don't get huge chunks of his own writing... its mainly my teacher summarizing his though with a few block quotes thrown in. This will give me a chance to read what he said in its context.

This adds up to 20 credits, which is a lot, but I should be able to handle it. I might not be able to watch as many Mariner games, but thats ok, because I shouldn't be doing that anyway. And furthermore, do I really even want to watch them?

1 comment:

Tom & Carrie Herring said...

Yo, Byran.

I saw that you're taking a course on the Synoptic Gospels.

Just a warning: 100 bucks says they will try to convince you of a (liberal) theory about Markan Priority and the existence of "Q".

Don't buy into it.

Karl Keating addresses it briefly here: http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1997/9705fea1.asp

and dedicates a chapter to it in his book, "Nothing But the Truth".