Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fun Run II

Some of you who've been around know that last year I participated in an event called the Nike Run Hit Remix, which I blogged about here with my post race roundup here. This is a 5 mile race down in the LA coliseum/USC area, where there are hip-hop acts every mile of the course. If you read my post-race roundup you might remember my disappointment for not getting to hear this Urban Hymn:
Well, unfortunately 40 years old Mr. MC won't be there this year. Nor will Coolio, who was actually my favorite performer last year.

Despite this, there is a pretty solid lineup. Naughty by Nature will be there. Ya down wit o-p-p? The lead singer from En Vogue will be singing along the way, as will Sugarhill gang. I hope I make it to them in time to see the 10th -13th minute of rapper's delight. Actually, I'll probably just skip these guys. But the performers I'm most excited for are Seattle's own Sir Mix-a-Lot and a post race concert from... M.C HAMMER! You know what I'll be requesting: 2 Legit.

And yes, I will be taking my camera with me, so hopefully this time I'll have some pictures and videos of all the fun.

No comments: