Monday, September 17, 2007

From My Reading...

I've been meaning to do something like this for a while now... If ever I come across something in my reading assignments or research that strikes me as profound or inspirational, I'll just post it here. Since it will come from my course work, I'll put them under the label "Seminary Life," and probably "Random Catholicism," as well as a new label, "Quotes." So, here is the first one...

My God, in whom is my delight, my glory, and my trust, I thank you foryour gifts and beg you to preserve and keep them for me. Keep me, too, and so your gifts will grow and reach perfection and I shall be with you myself, for I should not even exist if it were not by your gift.

St. Augustine, Confessions (Book I, 20)

1 comment:

Val said...

Thanks for posting that.