Thursday, August 30, 2007

Miracle, or Menace

So I'm cruising into Eugene Oregon Tuesday night around 7pm, the same time the Mariners are about to continue their series with the LA Angels of Anaheim. Hoping to pick it up on some MLB-less station in Portland, I hit the scan button on the radio and listened for a familiar voice. Well, I hit the jackpot... on KOMO AM 1000, one of our Seattle stations!

"How could this be?" I asked myself. "I don't even get KOMO very well up in Bellingham, and here I am in Centerish Oregon!" As I listened to the M's put up 5 runs in the first inning, I thought to myself that this must be some kind of a miracle. Boy was I wrong. I kept driving, and the Signal never left, and thus I continued to listen to Vlad Freakin Guerrero shred us apart and I fought the temptation to slam my car into the guard rail through Roseburg, Medford, Ashland, Yreka CA, Shasta, Redding... This made an already pretty terrible car trip into one of the most awful few hours I've ever spent in a car.

So I got to the Seminary Wednesday Evening just in time to watch a bunch of dorks from Anaheim and dorks from LA who actually think this team is from LA celebrating for no other reason than to spite me.

But when you have a hilarious blog to read, it sure does make it easier. Thanks Jeff. Whoever you are.

Anyway, the point is I'm back safely (so thanks for the prayers) and hopefully won't have to be so obsessed with the Mariners lack of skill.

No comments: