Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer is Rad


Before I explain, I'd like to offer some congratulations to one of my readers, Kevin, who was ordained to the diaconate last Saturday. Way to go Deacon Kevin.

Now onto my summer plans...

As far as formation goes, my summer will be a bit different than it was last year, in downtown Seattle. Instead, I will be returning to California for the month of July for a retreat. I've never been on retreat for a month before. Its a little intimidating, but I think it will be a great experience.

In the meantime, June is a busy month for seminarians. The highlight will definately be ordination. I'll be assisting at the liturgy, where two men will be ordained to the priesthood.

Other things we will be doing include a fundraiser with the local Serra Club, the priesthood retreat at the ocean, and our discernment retreat for High School/College Students, Quo Vadis Days.

After the retreat, I'll come back for a month before I start fall semester.

But all this of course is not all I'll be up to. The Ski to Sea Race was this last weekend, which is always one of my favorite things to do every summer. I'll be hitting up the Mariners a few times, for sure. A weekend boat trip through the San Juan Islands with a few friends is in the works, as are a couple trips north to Vancouver BC.

Yep, should be a great time. Blogging will be very light around here, although it pretty much always is.

2 comments:

Val said...

You mentioned in an earlier post that you have too many books. Would any of those books be a really useful textbook on Church history? Say from Pentecost to now? My high schoolers want me to teach them a Church history course during the summer. While I did pretty well in my Church History class, it was abour 8 years ago that I took it. So all those heresies are a bit fuzzy now and I don't really remember all of the historical context to many of the important points in Church history. Any help here would be great. :D

Bekah said...

Hey random, you're on here too! Hope you're enjoying being back in WA! God bless!