Sunday, May 13, 2007

Alma Mater Soccer

Nice work boys! ON TO STATE!

Here is the Bham herald article. I love how the article brings up the best game in school (not to mention county) history, where SHS wound up in the state championship against the cross-town rival. Of course, leave it to the Squally fans to show up in their pre-game "State Champion" T shirts. I wonder what happened to all those shirts after Sehome sent them home in PKs. (btw, I'm a proud brother, since my bro played in that game and shut one of their forwards down... I should load that thing up on Youtube one of these days).

My trip to state was much worse. After beating the top seeded team in the first round, we got to host a second round game. I didn't see the field and we blew a two goal lead at halftime to lose in PKs. Danget. Well, at least I'll always have that Intramural Championship at WWU!
So... Roll on Green Wave! Stick it out and bring home another title. And congrats to BHS as well, who are undefeated and in the same tournament.

Now, I've been wanting to play this one for a while. It doesn't fit at all, but I think this is one of the best movies of the last 5 years, and since it probably won't be on Youtube much longer, I want to play it. Its from Man On Fire, and it's awesome. It's the end of the movie though, so if you haven't seen it, don't watch it here. Rent the movie and watch it. It is AWESOME.
Back to the studies...

4 comments:

La Rev said...

With regards to your new subtitle: when you say "Catholic nerd," do you mean "A nerd who is Catholic," or a nerd who is a nerd for Catholicism?"

Seminarian said...

A guy who is a nerd for Catholicism. Hopefully not the "Saved by the Bell" type nerd, but rather a guy whose idea of a good time includes discussing Karol Wojtyla over a game of backgammon.

Definately not for everyone.

travis said...

Check out Yves Congar, "I Believe in the Holy Spirit." Stellar. I loved Man on Fire. My favorite Romanist-theme movie is still "The Scarlet and the Black."

(Pastor) Travis

Seminarian said...

I will check out the book. First thing I MUST read though is Pope Benedict's new book, "Jesus of Nazareth."

"The Scarlet and the Black," is an awesome movie. No doubt. Some other good "romanist" flicks are "The Mission," and "The Excorcism of Emily Rose."