Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gigantopithecus Blacki

These are pictures of my hometown, Bellingham WA, in the county of Whatcom. The top one is of the new boardwalk going to Boulevard Park. The bottom one I took looking back at Mt. Baker from that Park right across from the Belwether.
Pretty cool, huh? Well I love my home county and my home state a lot. Well, today Jimmy Akin put up a link to the BFRO, the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Go ahead and click around... its pretty hilarious. I also want to notice that the home county has 15 sightings!!! But by far the most awesome part of this is that it shows a resolution made by the County Council declaring Whatcom County a "Sasquatch Protection and Refuge Area! Here it is:

SPONSORED BY: Consent
PROPOSED BY: Harris
INTRODUCTION DATE: 6/9/92

Resolution No. 92-043

Declaring Whatcom County A Sasquatch Protection and Refuge Area

WHEREAS, legend, purported recent findings and spoor suggest that Bigfoot may exist; and

WHEREAS, if such a creature exists, it is inadequately protected and in danger of death and injury;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Whatcom County Council that, Whatcom County is herby declared a Sasquatch protection and refuge area, and all citizens are asked to recognize said status.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, this resolution shall be effective immediately.

APPROVED this 9th day of June, 1991.

(Signed)
ATTEST:
Ramona Reeves, Council Clerk

(Signed)
WHATCOM COUNTY COUNCIL
WHATCOM COUNTY, WASHINGTON
Daniel M. Warner, Chair
Wow. I can sleep in peace now knowing that Sasquatch, Gigantopithecus Blacki in Latin, is safe in my home county. Way to go Giganto, and way to go County Council.

1 comment:

David Stefanini said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David