Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A couple quick things...

I had a pretty good weekend. I never made it to OC, but I did get down to LA to hang out with a friend of mine from College who is hoping to get into film. He's doing good so far, and he's gotten a job on a set for a pretty big production. More on this later.

School is back in full swing. I'm already tired. It is a lot of work. Probably the most rigorous schooling I've had, at least since I was supposed to read 250 pages a week in my sixth grade literature class. Only then I was reading classics like "Hatchet" rather than classics like, "Introduction to Moral Theology," by Romanus Cessario, O.P. (Both great books by the way).

My Christian Anthropology prof had a great quote about heresy. He said, "All heresy is an exageration of a truth, to the point where it becomes false." Pretty spot on in my opinion. I mean, you emphasise the divinity of Christ enough and it swallows up his humanity. Same with the humaniy swallowing up the divinity. You can even emphasise revelation enough to the point where you disregard Man's ability to reason. Likewise, you emphasise Man's ability to reason out truths and you don't need revelation anymore. Try to find a heresy that doesn't apply to this definition... I can't do it. I've been trying all day.

Also, you should really check this out. Pretty important, it seems. I'm trying to work my way through it... I'm on page 3. But this isn't surprising. I'll be interested to see what comes of it. My guess is nothing. Nothing will come from it.

I'm gonna leave this space blank until a video gets posted of Gonzaga's senior night.

No comments: