Monday, January 15, 2007

Shoe

I just got back from a great weekend down in Orange County. I met some seriously cool serious Catholics (not a typo) and spent some time walking around the harbor with my iPod. It was awesome.

What wasn't awesome was the Seahawks losing. But you know, I'm not really all that upset about it. Personally I felt the team overachieved this year, and I'm happy with that. Its way better than cheering for underachievers. First off, they had that whole "Super Bowl Loser Not Making the Playoffs Curse" thing to work against and they found their way in. They also battled more injuries than any other team in the league, I think, playing 4 games without their starting QB and starting RB, among many other key players. Then they make the playoffs and win a playoff game after having lost their top 3 Cornerbacks in the final game of the season. Then, they take the number 1 seed, who they got blown out by earlier in the year, into OT where they lost on a 50 yard field goal. It was hardly a game these guys should be hanging their heads over (and it is hardly a game the Bears should be over excited about). I, for what its worth, am pretty proud of these guys. I can't wait for next season, with hopefully an improved Offensive line and maybe a little more depth on the defensive side of the ball. Meanwhile, the Bears will lose to the Saints next week and I'll personally be cheering for Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy to win it all.

In other sports news, Saint Mary's redefined Mediocrity when they stormed the court, not once but twice, after beating an unranked 12 and 6 team in a relatively meaningless conference game on Monday Night. Oh wait, maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was ESPN's Spirit week... No, it is probably that St. Mary's (the college, not the Mother of my Lord) is stupid. Not Cool St. Mary's. I hope you had fun... don't be surprised when Diamond Dallas Page asks for his trademark back.
La Revolucion has predicted that the Zags will go into the tournament as a number 8 seed. I'd be happy with this. I think we are better than this, and I think we will really be better than this when Micah Downs starts getting more involved, and I think a number 9 will be no problem. When this starts coming together, I can't think of a number one seed that will want to see the Zags in the second round.

No comments: