Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oscar Nominations

I've really been out of the world for a while. In fact, I feel quite disconnected and a bit unorganized. First, a week long silent retreat, then a trip to Orange County, then a week of some classes, a trip to San Fran and now more school. My head is spinning.

I didn't even realize that the Oscar Nominations came out. Now I like movies a lot, but have never really gotten that excited about the Awards. For some reason though, perhaps because I'm immersed in Hollywood, I'm interested this year. Here are the nominees.

I will be cheering for Babel for best picture. I saw it in theaters and wrote a bit about it here.

I'm also excited to see that Abigail Breslin got nominated for Little Miss Sunshine. I'll be crossing my fingers that she takes it home. Hilarious.

I think I'll also be supporting Mark Wahlberg for The Departed. The grandpa from LMS was great (and funny), but I really liked The Departed and thought that it deserved a bit more.

Anyways, Its almost 9 and I have a lot of work to do, so I'll leave you with this clip from Pearl Jam performing "Nothingman."

No comments: