Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Classes

I'm still thinking about that stoopid basketball game yesterday... like the time when the St. Mary's director of Spirit or whatever explained to us how to make a diamond with our hands every time a player on their team whose name almost sounds exactly like Diamond (its really Diamon) makes a good play. Brilliant! You know what they do at Gonzaga for spirit? They win 50 straight home games (and counting)!

The semester started today, and from the looks of it so far it should be a good (but extremely busy) semester. My courses:

-Spanish: I'm learning Spanish.

-Moral Theology: Learning about the implications of divine revelation on human behavior. We have some good stuff to read in this one, including Veritatis Splendor and Evangelium Vitae, two encyclicals by John Paul II. My professor's goals for our class is that we will 1) know what the Church teaches and 2) know why the Church teaches it... can't ask for more than that, can you?

-Christian Anthropology: The systematic study of man and woman in light of Jesus Christ.

- Church history to the reformation: I majored in history at Western Washington University, which means I'll probably get picked on in this class... picked on a lot actually. I'm not really looking forward to this one, because of it.

- Field Education: Every Wednesday afternoon I will be visiting a nursing home to visit the elderly. This is no doubt a great experience, but it is physically and emotionally tiring. We also have a class once a week to help us reflect on our experiences.

- Pauline Lit.: Letters of St. Paul. Pretty straightforward. Will be really difficult because of the professor.

- Homiletics: Public speaking... picking up from where we left off last semester.

I'm out for a meeting...

2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Church History to the Reformation sounds interesting. Personally I'd love to take Pauline Lit.

Seminarian said...

I think Pauline lit will be great... if I can stay awake the whole time. It meets for three hours on Monday.