Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Homily

My final project for homiletics was a scripture proclamation and a one minute reflection. This was hard. Harder than I thought anyway. First off, you can't say much of anything in a minute. Second off, you can't say much of anything in a minute. Oh well. I'll have four more years to practice. And then a whole lifetime after that to keep practicing.

And I'm still really digging that music site I linked in the previous post. But that doesn't mean I'm 100 percent satisfied. In passing yesterday I heard some strange lyrics. I looked on the player and saw The Cherry Tree Carol. Go ahead and read the lyrics. Its not my taste. The website claims that this is out of the Catholic Tradition. Wikipedia confirms it. It also says it used to be sung at the feast of Corpus Christi. I don't know what to say. If anyone stumbles across this who knows anything about this song let me know whats up.

I also heard a song that caught my attention because of the performer.The Suspicious Cheese Lords. Don't let the name throw you. They are actually quite serious and quite good (at least according to the song I heard).

The Suspicious Cheese Lords is a male a cappella ensemble that performs concerts and provides church service music for the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. Although specializing in music of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, their repertoire ranges from Gregorian chant to original compositions.


Sounds more punk rockish than Gregorian Chant to me. For some reason this song popped into my head. Its not punk rockish or anything. But its good.

No comments: