Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Night. You know what that means.

This is a picture of the Up and UP tavern and the 3B tavern in Bellingham. The 3B shut down at the end of '05, but its memories live on in the minds of many WWU students, including me.

There is a tradition I have every Thursday evening, in which I find myself very homesick. It is actually the only day of the week that I do really miss home. This is because I'm usually a little less busy than the rest of the week, and therefore have more time to reflect on things, but it is probably even more because a Thursday night in Bellingham is possibly one of the best times anyone can have. The reason is that everyone of age at WWU, whether they drink or not, goes out.

Of the places where people can go, Eighties night was hands down the best. There was a really cool crowd, and you didn't have to put up with anyone like that idiot in the article I linked in the post directly below this one. It was just a fun, happy time.

I know its pathetic to live in the past, but the truth is if I had a time machine I'd go back in time 3 years or so, slip my 3 years or so ago self a few bucks to stay home for a night, so as not to be seen, and then hang out with everyone I came to love in college. Then we'd go cut some rugs underneath that huge DANCING sign at the 3B. With Eddie Money:
Ack. Who am I kidding. I got much more to look forward to in the future. I'm off to Adoration. I miss you guys back home.

No comments: