Friday, November 10, 2006

Back to Business

I only got to see the first little bit of the Gonzaga game. Not bad. As always, I refer you to La Revolucion (the link is on the right) for all the news, but I will mention something that stood out. Mat Bouldin, 5for5 including 2of2 from behind the 3 point line. Kuso played was rumored to play well, but I wonder why he only got 5 minutes.

My little respite from seriously hard studying is officially over. Here are some pending assignments I have.
- Liturgy: A Catechesis on the blessing of Sacramentals.

- Fundamental Theology: A little five pager on Thomas Aquinas' take on Faith.

- Old Testament: Another short exegesis: 5 pages or so, and I think I'm doing 1 Samuel chapter 5, where the Ark goes to the Temple of Dagon.

- Old Testament: A book critique.

- Liturgy: A parish observation. We've observed One mass already, now we just have to observe it one last time and write the little paper.

- Homiletics: Just one talk left... then its smooth sailing.

- Greek: I'm seriously the worst in my class, but thats ok because I only have 2 classmates. But it does suck being the worst. Here, though, its just translating the Gospel of John and parsing all the verbs we find.

I'd like to finish most of this up in the next week or so, so I don't have any of it hanging over my head on thanksgiving. I decided to splurge and head home for the break, to see some friends and family... you know. So if you are one of these friends, send me an e-mail so we can kick it.

So this weekend its just study up. And, of course, watch ND beat up on one of our military schools... I honestly forget which one though... and watch the battered Seahawks host the Rams. I think we have a chance, and if we win this could really be a turning point. That movie Babel also looks pretty cool, so hopefully I'll make it to the theater.

Speaking of movies, I can't wait to see the new Christopher Guest movie which comes out very soon. The most famous movie of his is probably "Best in Show," but my favorite is definately "Waiting for Guffman." I can't say it's for everyone , because some people might not get the sense of humor, but I sure get a kick out of it. Here is the trailer for the new one, "For Your Consideration":

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

Christopher Guest is a comic genius ... I don't think "For Your Consideration" will play wide enough to reach my little corner of the world, but we did get "Best in Show," so I guess there's hope