Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rats

The Seminary, St. Johns, is definately California style. There are lots of courtyards and rarely do you walk anywhere without walking outside. Well on a sunny day that definately has its ups, but it also has its downs. Sometimes wild animals find their way into courtyard. We had a bobcat last year which was cool, but what just happened to me was purely frightening.

I've never been afraid of rats, but I think I'm going to start.

I'm talking to a couple of pre-theologians in the walkway where announcements are posted. Then, all of a sudden, this rat books it around the corner. I see it coming, and back away expecting it to run past. Instead it decided it wanted to come say hello, so it started coming towards me. I kept backing up, but I couldn't move fast enough, and soon it was on my foot, and in my pant leg. I kid you not! I had a rat pinned between my jeans and my leg!

The funny thing was, the other guys never saw the rat, so all of a sudden they just saw me kicking around and cursing (yes I cursed. Mea Culpa). Then finally after what seemed like a while, but was really only about 2 seconds, the rat popped out and ran away. Then for about 5 minutes, we laughed hysterically.

When I'm ordained, I'm going to work this into a homily.

2 comments:

shelley said...

that is sweet. :)

rats in the pants.
eww!

Val said...

Sick!