Sunday, July 23, 2006

Heat

Its really really really hot in Seattle right now. Not only that, but I'm staying on the top floor of a rectory that does not cool down, and does not have AC. Just typing is making me sweat.

Vito's, a nightclub at the end of the block by the Cathedral, again is my main source of entertainment on saturday nights. There are cop cars all over the place right now, and every saturday night since I've been here.

I heard the noise start at about 2am, when the bars get out, and looked outside. There was a woman peeing on the rectory lawn. I gave her her needed privacy and threw on some clothes to go see what the commotion was. There were about 11 cop cars on the street. I saw a few cops get out with their tazers ready.

A couple people saw a girl beating on some guy, then the guy retaliated and hit her in the head. Then the police tazed him, cuffed him, and the paramedics came. I never saw the guy get arrested, but I can't see how he wouldn't have been.

Rumor is Vito's will be out of business as soon as tomorrow. It will of course be good to have less violence in the area, but I admit I have found guilty pleasure in watching the drama unfold every saturday night.

In more positive news, I got to go to two weddings today. One was a very traditional Catholic wedding, at the Beautiful St. Mary's Church in Anacortes WA. Unfortunately, they're so traditional that internet doesn't exist yet in there eyes, and so they don't have a web page. As I get links to pictures, I'll post some so you can see. It was a great wedding.

The other wedding was not Catholic, and lasted around 10 minutes. But there was dancing. If this priesthood thing doesn't work out, I think I'll have a nice career in Party Starting. I cut rugs. That means I got some sweet moves. That means, I'm a good dancer.

So why don't we pray for all married couples this week. May their love be a sign of Christ's love for His Church.

Adios

6 comments:

Val said...

My, my, don't you have a slightly skewed perception of your dancing ability? Heh! See you in a couple weeks for the next wedding.

pyrosapien2819 said...

Sorry I missed you at the wedding. I got to meet val though. I had to go to Mass at 5:00 so I left the reception and came back after Mass. I've been friends with the groom and his family since I re-verted to the Church in 2001. Have a good summer and God bless your vocation.

Pyro

Seminarian said...

Pyro-

I figured you would have been there. I'm sorry I had to leave. It would have been nice to have met you.

ddumping said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

shelley said...

and you better be getting your groove on tomorrow night at the wedding.

because everyone knows that seminarians can cut rug. and people like my brother could cut the cheese too.

ddumping said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested