Monday, June 12, 2006

Czech Mate

Just not the day for the US.Rosicky was insane. Beautiful stuff from the Czech Republic. But I gotta hand it to Pavel Nedved for being the playmaker for this team. He shredded the US defense.

CR was ranked number 2 by FIFA heading into the cup, and, to be honest, I picked them to win this game, and group E. They attack really well, and defend well too, although I think the US made their defense look better than they actually were. There were not challenged enough, at all.

I expect them to go deep into the tournament... It would be a shame not to see them play more.

I don't really know much about the Church in the CR, but I know that it is culturally Catholic. A girl I met at an RCIA meeting last year who was Czech told me that pepole don't really practice, and that she had reservations about joining the church because she didn't want her Czech friends to think she was stupid. She didn't end up coming into the Church.

An article from the London Tablet explains a bit of the same. The Church in the CR seems to be "divided" like the Church in the US. The same problems people have with the Church here, are being had here.

Still, CR has some beautiful churches.

Prague, you're now on my list of places to visit.

No comments: