Saturday, April 01, 2006

Slowing Down

I've been able to blog a lot lately due to excessive amounts of time. Unfortunately, its caught up to me. I probably won't be blogging a lot for the next couple of weeks, due to school and Holy Week happenings. Here is an update of what I'll be doing...

Theology - At the behest of my professor, I will be writing a paper on the eschatology (the study of the Last things; death, heaven, hell, apocalypse) of Johann Baptist Metz. It will have to be 5 pages, which isn't too bad. If anyones interested, I can post the paper at a later date.

Greek - Our professor is mad at my class because we haven't been keeping up on our vocabulary. So I'll be working on vocabulary this weekend.

New Testament - My exegesis on Luke 4 1-13 needs to get done soon. These verses make up Luke's account of the Temptation of Christ. I also have to do a summary on the types of criticism one of our textbooks lay out. Each of these is about 5 pages.

Theology - Have a mock debate on Vatican 1 to prepare for. I represent the Old Catholics who weren't too down with infalibility.

Spanish - Not much to do here.

Philosophy - Not much to do here either. We've been reading Gabriel Marcel lately. If you don't know who he is, I'd recomend reading his stuff. Its really good.

Holy Week - I get to go home!!! Most of the week I will be serving at my home parish, Church of the Assumption, in Bellingham WA. Hopefully I will also get a chance to help out at the Campus Ministry at Western Washington University. Of course, I will have some free time to hit up some of my favorite spots and hang out with some friends. If you happen to be one of these friends and are reading this, please let me know if you'll be around.

Looking forward to Baseball season...Hopefully the Mariners can surprise some people (myself included).

Have a good week or two... If I see anything interesting I'll post a link or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Paul said...

Hi. Just to let you know, I'll be interested in the paper you'll be writing.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Don't know if I am one of those friends, but I will be around. Let me know if you're planning on heading to Seattle area :) ~Jess