Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Advent

Ordinary Time is now over, which means we're in Advent. I couldn't be happier to tell you the truth, I needed a change of season.

I got to spend some time with Jamie and Jesse Oakland on Friday, which was great. We even got to go to Disneyland. The Magic Kingdom was closed because there were too many people, so we went into California Adventure, where I had never been before. I thought it was cool. The Tower of Terror was pretty sweet. Also the Bugs Life show was awesome. Then when it closed Disneyland had started letting people in again, so we went and rode the tea cups and the Thunder Mountain Railroad. All in all it was a pretty sweet time.

On to Sports. Holy Gonzaga! Great stuff from them. I'm disapointed about Heytvelt getting injured though. He needs to work on his maturity out there, and this would have been a great season for him to do that. He played way below his abilities in my oppinion (and one great example is the play where he got hurt). Also, I think people are really underestimating the Washington Huskies squad. I'm a little concerned about their defense though. The Irish escaped Standford with a win, barely. I watched the whole game and couldn't understand how a mediocre offense was racking up that many points with their backup quarterback. Oh well, onto the BCS. Oh, I almost forgot. What Lou Holtz should have said in his "debate" about whether Oregon deserved the BCS berth over Notre Dame was, "No. Because Oregon is overrated." Why don't we ask USC who the Better team is. Or Washington for that matter. And while Notre Dame was busy knocking off Pittsburgh and Michigan (both ranked at the time and we were the visiting team), Oregon was busy struggling at Houston and playing Montana at home. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to prove were BCS worthy when we win the Fiesta bowl in January.

Oh well, Seahawks tommorrow, then I gotta get a move on with this paper on the Teri Schiavo case. So I'll let you folks know whats up when I'm finished, and hopefully I can post some of my paper on this site.

Check back soon you two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I really need to start watching college ball. I lost the love for it after I left western..

Bryan, could you email me some people from western's email addresses when you get the chance?