Friday, October 07, 2005

Week in Review

This week was one of the better weeks I've had here.

I got my philosophy paper all done. I wrote about Aristotle's notion that a virtue is a mean between two extremes. So a virtue,for example, purity, has a vice of deficiency (lust) and also a vice of excess (prudishness/puritanism). Probably not the best paper I have ever written, but it turned out alright. If I can figure out how to, I would like to post my assignments on this site.

Tuesday was fun. The newly ordained priests who studied here at the seminary last year came back and celebrated Mass with all of us. Their visit was inspirational. It got all of us pumped up to keep studying. We also got Filet Mignon, which is always good.

I've been pretty much addicted to LOST on ABC. Three other guys here and I have been watching it, so wednesday nights are quite exciting. LOST has definately taken the place of ALIAS (which got off to a bad season start, in my oppinion).

Thursday our vocation director came out here and visited with us. I appreciate the visits that people make. We definately need the support, and it keeps us in tune to what is going on in the Archdiocese.

Anyways I don't really have too many plans for the weekend. Probably a lot of Baseball and football watching. Might make it down to LA also to visit some people.

More updates soon (if anyone is actually reading this)

7 comments:

Matthew said...

Things are busy up here at the UW Newman Center. It's a challenge trying to get things accomplished here and balance school work. The other 3 PMs and I have been thinking of some pretty cool new ideas for the year and so far there has been good response. Keep it real Brian and enjoy your LOST and filet mignon.

In prayer,

Matt Eusterman

Bekah said...

Hey Brian! So weird, you are on here too! Anyhow, its Bekah from WWU. Hope all is well in seminary...nice blog! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Lost...Heck Yes. Definitely off to a fabulous start. As for Alias, Janet and I have been debriefing after the shows, mostly about Vaughn's fate....not sure how hopeful it's looking at this point, but we'll see if Mr. Abrams can work his magic. Sounds like you're having a cool time, I'll check out the test and let you know how I score.

~Jess :)

Laura Tenisci said...

Hi Brian !
This is a great idea and I'm so glad you are blogging about your experiences :) I just got back from a family visit to B.C. and stopped in to see Joey at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane...Keep him in your prayers: he wants to return to St. Jude's ASAP yesterday ! Anyway, keep up the good work there...you are in our prayers ! With love, Laura and Don, Adina and Siena

Anonymous said...

LOST is amazing....I had no idea you were into it. My theories change a bit every week.

Norm said...

Hey, I came across your blog and thought I would start at the beginning. I'm beginning to discern if I am called to be a priest. Plus, I thought I would let you know I am addicted to LOST as well

Norm said...

Hey, I came across your blog and thought I would start at the beginning. I'm beginning to discern if I am called to be a priest. Plus, I thought I would let you know I am addicted to LOST as well